Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lance Armstrong in Athens

Lance Armstrong rode into Athens yesterday to finish his part of Pelotonia '09, a bike ride to benefit The James Cancer Center at Ohio State University. Lance didn't stay long, he finished the ride, got in an SUV and split, but the day wasn't a wash.

Aside from seeing a 7-time Tour de France winner, my buddies and I got recruited to help with some set-up and were given some SWEET tee-shirts. The shirt alone would have gotten me there, that's how sweet it is. I go nuts for free shirts.

I was really hoping to get a good shot of Lance. Thankfully, the last frame I shot was pretty decent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice shot Ty. I thought for sure there would be a pic of the sweet shirt! A friend of mine did the 180 and another did the 100. I'll be down the 3rd week of September for meetings. Will give you more details to see if you have time for lunch. Brett