Monday, December 15, 2008

No shame about my iPod

As I said in my last post, I took a road trip to Cincinnati with a couple friends this weekend. One of those friends was continually saying "you have (insert song/artist which he found ridiculous) on your iPod?"

Yes, I have "Barbie Girl" on my iPod. I have some Backstreet Boys and N'Sync, some Brittney and Christina, Destiny's Child, Weird Al, Fergie, even Paris Hilton. My iPod is barely half full.

I have thousands of "more reputable" songs and artists on the iPod.

My question is this: If I have all of my music on my iPod and still have space to spare, is it a crime for me to have Fergalicious and the Captain Planet theme song in the bunch?

I think not. Having them on my iPod does not mean I listen to them. In fact, many of them are set to be skipped when shuffling so that I don't have to listen to them.

My point is that we shouldn't be shocked by what people have on their iPods because the devices were, in fact, created to hold mass amounts of any kind of music.

It's un-American to not use them to their full potential.

1 comment:

Makella said...

Actually, it is preferred that you have Destiny's Child on your iPod. No need to be ashamed.