Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jesus wins.

Can I just say that Jesus is AWESOME?

This is what happened when they came to arrest Him...

John 18:4-6: "Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, 'Who is it you want?' 'Jesus of Nazareth,' they replied. 'I am he,' Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) When Jesus said, 'I am he,' THEY DREW BACK AND FELL TO THE GROUND." (Caps added for emphasis.)

Whoa. These soldiers, officials, chief priests and Pharisees FELL TO THE GROUND at Jesus' voice! These were some tough, high and mighty dudes and with three words they were knocked on their tails.

"I am he." There is no one but God who could say those words and make us fall to the ground. And of course Jesus' words wield unmatched power- "...out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword." (Rev. 1:16)

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Heb. 4:12)

I'm in awe.

2 comments:

Makella said...

Jesus is awesome.. in a million dillion ways...

zoe said...

Hi Ty!
I agree, Jesus is awesome, and yes, I do want to paint. I like painting. Luckily, I got to paint something tonight.